Some indulgence with this weeks theme of pubs and their signs.
So let’s start with our local, sadly currently closed and looking for a new tenant.
THE VILLAGE CROSS
The Cross erected at the junction of Church Street, Park Street and High Street, was the centre of village activities for hundreds of years. The base is thought to be Norman, but more likely to be 14th century with the column being added in the late 17th century.
THE ROSE & CROWN – An old coaching inn possibly 17th century.
This was the only inn registered in 1729 that belonged to the De Rodes estate.